Car insurance policy documentation
We will send printed car insurance policy documentation out by Second Class post when you purchase a new yesinsurance.co.uk car insurance policy or make changes to existing policy details.
Where appropriate, yesinsurance.co.uk customers will receive the following documents:
This explains what is included in the document pack, as well as what needs to be done next. It includes reminders about anything that needs to be sent to us, such as proof of No Claims Discount, and contact details should they be needed.
This provides a summary of the important facts about your car insurance and details of your cancellation rights and the procedures should you wish to register a complaint.
General Policy terms
This contains general information and conditions relating to the car insurance policy. The conditions include the obligations of the policyholder, the rights which we reserve and general exclusions of the policy, all of which are applicable to each car insurance policy.
Details of Cover
For each car on cover certain options will have been selected and we will have been given specific and unique car, address and driver details. This information is displayed on the Details of Cover document under the heading "Your declarations about....". A separate Details of Cover document is produced for each car insurance policy.
Certificate of Motor Insurance
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of the minimum insurance required by the Road Traffic Act. Certificates will be issued for each car on cover.
Policy Payment Arrangements
This document explains:
- how much the payments will be
- when they will be deducted
- from which account
- how the Direct Debit Guarantee works.
It also explains charges and fees that apply if:
- certain changes are made to an insurance policy
- payments fail and require re-submission
- copies of policy documents are required
- a car insurance policy is cancelled before the renewal date.
Direct Debit Instruction (DDI)
A DDI will only be issued for insurance policies payable by instalments, where one or more of the following applies:
- the account holder did not give verbal authorisation
- we were not speaking to the account holder
- the instruction has previously been cancelled at the bank.
If applicable, the DDI must be signed by the account holder and accepted by their bank before we can make regular deductions from an account.
Data Protection Notice
This document explains how we will use the personal data which we hold.
If additional cover products have been selected, separate policy documentation will be sent out for each product. These include:
- A Breakdown Cover document
- This will be sent out to customers who selected our breakdown cover when they took out their yesinsurance.co.uk car insurance policy or added it at a later date. In the event of assistance being required, all that will be needed is the car insurance policy number and the vehicle registration number - no Breakdown Cover 'card' will be required.
- A Motor Legal Protection policy document
- This will be sent out to customers who selected our Motor Legal Protection cover when they took out their yesinsurance.co.uk car insurance policy, or added it at a later date.
- A Payment Protection policy schedule
- This will be sent out to customers who have this cover included on their yesinsurance.co.uk policy.
Please check all details on the documents carefully and contact us if any of the information is incorrect.
Copies of insurance policy documents can be requested from our customer service team. Please note that there may be a charge for this service.